Water Damage and Flood in Edmonton & Surrounding Areas
Whether you’re a long time resident or have only recently moved to the area, you likely recognize the many features that make the city a desirable place to call home. However, the charming atmosphere can be significantly disrupted when your home is infiltrated by water damage and flooding. Whether you had an obvious issue such as a pipe burst or you just suspect trouble may be on the rise, this is a problem that requires quick attention. Water damage repair must occur as soon as possible in order to reduce the chance for further damage, and the professional staff here at Remediation Experts have the know-how to get the job done right the first time.
In a Hurry? Give Us A Call
Contact Us Now
Trust In The Professionals With Residential Experience
Let’s face it. Water damage and flooding issues come unexpectedly, and you’re likely under a lot of pressure right now. Life throws us surprises every day, and most busy homeowners don’t have the tools or the time to properly get to the root of the problem. That’s where our services can come in handy. You can rest assured that you can count on us as we are registered with both the BBB and Homestars.
Yes we also do commercial water cleanup or restoration.
When we arrive at your residence, you’ll be impressed with our level of professionalism as we quickly get to work performing a thorough inspection of the problem at hand. We understand the significant nature of these types of problems, and that’s why we go above and beyond not only to look for leak sources and structural damage but also to check and see if any environmental concerns have arisen as a result of the water damage such as the development of harmful bacteria, mold, fungus, or spores. As we perform our thorough inspection, just some of the areas we check include:
- Trees and shrubs
No Water Extraction Job Too Big or Small
We’ve been in the business long enough to know that every client has a unique circumstance on their hands, and we are prepared for even the most extensive jobs. We also know how important it is to prevent a problem from becoming worse, and we encourage our clients to call us for help even if the damage isn’t significant at the moment.
No matter the size or extent of the job at hand, our friendly and expedient staff is always available to meet your needs. Best of all, we understand that water damage can occur at the most inconvenient times, and we don’t want you to have to wait through a holiday or weekend for our services. We offer 24/7 service to ensure we’re there when you need us most.
Water Damaged Walls, Ceiling and Flooring
When it comes to water damage, it often lurks in areas we can’t see. Because of this, it can be difficult to realize the extent of the problem or if one even exists at all. However, when you pay attention to your home, you can be able to better recognize early warning signs that can help you get ahead of the problem. Just some of the things you should always be on the lookout for include:
- Water stains on walls and ceilings- This could be an indication you have a leak in the roof or in the upper-level plumbing.
- Swelling walls- If the wood or drywall has begun to swell and buckle, you have a serious problem that needs your prompt attention. Once it’s gotten to this stage, you have likely absorbed a significant amount of water, and there are various sources that could be to blame.
- Bubbling, blistering, cracking, or stained wallpaper or paint- This is a common indicator that there is water coming in from the back of the wall.
- Floor is wet- If you notice your floors are wet or seem to be bouncy or tiles are loose, there very well could be a leak underneath.
Our professionals understand how important it is to perform flood damage drywall repair as soon as possible to best maintain the overall integrity of your home. We make each client a priority, so if you notice any of these common warning signs, we can be there in 45 minutes for emergency flood within city limits. We work to get your home back in proper working order as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent further damage from being sustained.
Garage Flood Cleanup
Water damage doesn’t only occur in the home. It’s very common for other areas of the property to become impacted, and homeowners are sometimes more apt to overlook these problems. However, if an area such as your garage has been impacted, it’s crucial that you’re quick to perform garage flood cleanup. Not only can these problems become far worse when left untended, but they can also present a number of health hazards for you and your loved ones.
The Canadian government lists a number of potential health problems associated with the lack of flood damage restoration at http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/healthy-living-vie-saine/environment-environnement/air/contaminants/mould-moisissures-eng.php, and just a few of those include:
- Eye, nose and throat irritation
- Coughing and mucous (phlegm) build-up
- Wheezing and shortness of breath
- Increase in asthma symptoms
- A variety of allergic reactions
The professionals here at Remediation Experts are here for you when your garage becomes infiltration by leaks and flooding, and we have state-of-the-art tools to put to work for you. To get started, we extract any standing water that may be present. Our skilled IICRC certified technicians then get to work extracting moisture from the walls, flooring and fixtures using our effective drying techniques.
Once the moisture is under control, we help you restore your garage by repairing any damaged drywall, flooring, cabinetry and fixtures. With each of our clients, it’s our goal to get their living quarters as close as possible to their original conditions, and we make efforts to ensure only the best tools and materials are used during the entire course of your emergency flood repair.
Issues From Water Damage
When we consider water damage, we often limit our fears to the damage that can be sustained to the structure of our homes and the valuables within its walls. However, the extent of flooding and leaks go far beyond the obvious. There are dozens of lesser-considered issues from water damage that homeowners should be aware of to ensure the protection of them and their families.
1. Fire Hazards
Likely the last worry you have when considering flooding is fire. After all, water extinguishes fire, so you may think this is the last problem you have to worry about during this trying time. However, you are certainly not out of harm’s way. When there are leaks present in the walls of your home or in the attic or ceiling, you are at a serious risk of fire from shorted wires. If you suspect you do have a leak, it’s a good idea to have the electricity to that area of the home shut off until you are able to obtain professional water damage restoration services.
2. Slip and Fall
It’s pretty obvious that leaks can lead to puddles on the floor, and this in itself is an inconvenience. However, if your family is active and/or includes members who are children or elderly, the risk of a slip and fall accident occurring is heightened. To make matters worse, you could even face a lawsuit if a visitor in the home were to fall and sustain an injury.
3. Increase in Monthly Water Bill
Not only can ignoring a flooding issue cost you more over the course of time due to further damage, but it will also cost you every month when you pay your water bill. Believe it or not, it can even have a negative impact on your utility bills if your leak stems from your attic or ceiling. This is because your cellulose or fiberglass insulation takes a long time to dry out, and this impacts your home’s ability to maintain temperature control.
What to Do If You Have Water Damage
If it’s obvious or you’re pretty sure you have a leak or flooding situation on your hands, it’s important not to panic. Instead, you should assess the situation and proceed with caution and common sense. There are a variety of dangers you are facing, so it’s important to communicate these with the entire family to ensure everyone is well aware of the problem and how it can impact them. Just some of the precautions you should be sure to take include:
- Have your electrical components checked to minimize the risk of fire.
- Place pots or pans under leaking ceilings to prevent injury until professional flood restoration services can be obtained.
- Have the home checked for the potential existence of mold and fungus.
- If possible, cordon off the impacted area to best prevent possible injury or further damage.
Who to Call For the Help You Need
Unless you have access to the proper tools and have the knowledge of how to properly perform flood cleanup, it’s in your best interest to call in the professionals for help. Our staff can quickly get to the root of the problem and get it done right the first time. You likely made a significant investment in the purchase of your home, and failing to properly address a flooding issue can end up costing you much more in the long run. With our five year guarantee, you can’t go wrong utilizing our professional services to get your home back up and running properly.
How to Prevent Flooding in the Future
Whether you’ve experienced significant water damage or just a small leak, chances are your senses are heightened when it comes to these types of problems. It’s also likely that you want to do what you can to prevent them from impacting you in the future. While our staff enjoys doing business with each of our clients and helping them get back on their feet, it would be better if flood cleanup was never needed in the first place. That’s why we make it a point to offer helpful advice and tips to prevent flooding in the future. Just a few tips you should consider implementing include:
- Clean your gutters regularly to clear them of any leaves or debris that can create harmful clogs.
- Check to ensure your downspouts are directed five to 10 feet away from the home
- Slope your yard to ensure water is able to drain away from the home
- Check your sump pump to ensure it’s working and ready to be put to use should a situation arise. If you don’t have a sump pump, it’s a good idea to make the investment in one.
- Check for small leaks and make the necessary repairs now before they become bigger issues later on down the road.
- Be careful when planting trees with aggressive rooting systems as they can cause damage to underground components such as drainage system, water lines, septic tank, pipes or foundation.
- Check ceilings and attic to detect any wet spots or staining.
- Check doors, windows, bathtubs, and sink fixtures and repair old caulking.
- Take some time to review your water bill and compare it to old ones to ensure there aren’t changes that could indicate a leak.
- Inspect the roof for missing or damaged shingles
- Rather than using chemicals that can eat away at your pipes, use a snake to clear any debris that causes clogging to your plumbing.
- Don’t pour grease or fat down your drain
- Inspect washing machine supply lines and replace hoses every five years.
- Check for soft spots on the floors and around toilets, tubs, showers, and sinks.
- Flush your hot water heater every six months to remove sediment.
- Have humidity levels professionally checked to ensure they range between 30 and 50 percent.
Quality Mitigation You Can Count On
The integrity of your home is important, and it’s crucial that you get to the bottom of water damage sooner rather than later. When you rely on the professionals here at Remediation Experts, you can rest assured you’ll receive high quality house flood clean up services at a price you can afford. Locally owned, we offer senior discounts, and we even offer a free inspection to help you manage your budget during this difficult time in your life. No matter the size or scope of your problem, we have a contractor here to offer the level of quality you deserve, so call today.
In a Hurry? Give Us A Call
Contact Us Now